Why it matters: South Korean companies Genie Music and Juice have unveiled "genie.Re:La," the country's first AI sheet music arrangement service.
This AI advancement could significantly impact the global music industry, potentially revolutionizing the music creation and distribution process.
The Key Points
- ‘'genie.Re:La', an AI-powered platform, allows users to convert their favorite music into a digital score, streamlining the arrangement and re-creation of music.
- The service is currently limited to publicly available music to respect copyright laws. Genie Music and Juice are working on a transparent payment system for secondary production works, potentially creating a new revenue stream for original creators.
- The companies are also initiating the "I am Re-Born" project, which aims to remake popular hits by celebrity producer Kim Hyung-seok using "genie.Re:La".
- This move may set a new benchmark for the role of AI technology in creating symbiotic relationships between original artists and creators.
- Market forecasts suggest that the global AI music creation market could grow from $229 million in 2022 to $2.66 billion in 2032, underscoring the high-growth potential of this technology.
The Big Picture: The launch of genie.Re:La is an essential step for the AI music industry, especially in South Korea.
As AI continues to evolve, it offers new opportunities and platforms for music creation, potentially disrupting traditional industry models.
Genie Music and Juice are positioning themselves at the forefront of this burgeoning market, which could catalyze a broader adoption of AI technologies in music production worldwide, reshaping the future landscape of the music industry.