Seoul, South Korea - Samsung Electronics (KRX: 005930) announced the Portable SSD T9, the latest addition to the T Series.
- Interface and Speed: The T9 features a USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 interface with read/write speeds up to 2,000MB/s. It has demonstrated speeds approximately twice that of the T7 model. A 4GB video can be transferred in about two seconds.
- Storage options: The T9 is available in three capacities: 1TB, 2TB, and 4 TB.. Its dimensions are similar to a credit card.
- Design aspects: The design of the T9 is a departure from previous models, emphasizing durability. Some comparisons have been made between its feel and a standard wallet.
- Durability and security measures: The T9 can withstand drops of up to three meters. It comes with a five-year limited warranty. The device includes Samsung's Dynamic Thermal Guard to address overheating issues and complies with the IEC 62368-1 international safety standard.
- Software Integration: Samsung's Magician Software 8.0 provides features such as firmware updates. As of September 2023, Samsung has integrated various software tools to support Windows, Mac, and Android systems.
- Device compatibility: The T9 is designed to work with various devices and systems, including Windows, macOS, smartphones, tablets, gaming consoles, and some cameras. It comes packaged with USB Type C to C and USB Type C to A cables.
- Pricing: The T9 will be available at the following prices: $139.99 (1TB), $239.99 (2TB), and $439.99 (4TB). The release date is set for October 3, 2023.
The introduction of the T9 comes as demand for efficient, high-capacity storage solutions grows in the professional sector.