Munich, Germany: Samsung Electronics has announced its participation in IAA MOBILITY 2023, which will occur from September 5-10.
The conglomerate will showcase a comprehensive range of automotive innovations, highlighting its commitment to redefining connected mobility.
Here are the highlights of the announcement:
Samsung Electronics Highlights:
- A consolidated presentation of its semiconductor businesses, highlighting the synergies between memory, system LSI, foundry, and LED technologies.
- Dermot Ryan, President of Device Solutions Europe, Samsung Electronics, expressed Samsung's goal to develop safer and more connected automotive experiences.
- Samsung will showcase memory solutions for automotive applications, including LPDDR5X, GDDR7, AutoSSD, and UFS 3.1 products.
- With advancements in in-car entertainment and safety, Samsung will showcase its Exynos Auto V920 processor for infotainment systems and ISOCELL Auto sensors to ensure comprehensive vehicle safety.
- Samsung Foundry Business will showcase its latest design solutions, with plans to achieve mass production readiness of its four-nanometer process by 2025 and two-nanometer process by 2026.
- The company will showcase advanced LED solutions, including PixCell LED and next-generation Micro LED technologies.
Samsung Display enters the automotive industry:
- For the first time at an auto show, Samsung Display will highlight the potential of OLEDs to replace LCDs in automotive applications.
- The Safe Driving Center will demonstrate the clear advantages of OLEDs over LCDs, especially in low-light conditions.
- OLED displays, known for their design flexibility, will be shown in various forms, including the Flex S, a multi-foldable display, and other rollable and slidable variants.
Samsung SDI focuses on next-generation battery technologies:
- Samsung SDI will showcase its "super gap" battery solutions tailored for future electric vehicles.
- The PRiMX zone will feature innovative products such as all-solid-state batteries, 46-phi cylindrical batteries, and more.
- An emphasis on sustainability is evident with the unveiling cobalt-free battery solutions and other advanced designs.
- Yoon-ho Choi, President and CEO of Samsung SDI, highlights Europe's role in shaping the EV industry and confirms Samsung SDI's commitment to meeting European customers' expectations.