Why it matters: The ComeUp Stars 2023 program, overseen by the Korea Startup Forum, will host 150 selected startups from a competitive application pool of 960 hopefuls from 53 countries.
This gathering of international talent aims to showcase a global perspective on innovation in various sectors, which is crucial for the progress and growth of the startup ecosystem.
The Key Points
- The selected startups represent diverse fields, including software, healthcare, bio, commerce, energy, sustainability, and advertising.
- They were selected based on their products and services marketability, innovation, and growth potential.
- The startups will be divided into three different leagues: the Rookie League for early-stage startups with less than KRW 1 billion in cumulative investment; the Academy League for startups affiliated with universities; and the Rocket League, which consists of Series A and B startups recommended by ComeUp's top investors.
- The 150 selected startups will begin full acceleration on July 10.
- Specifically, Rookie League participants will compete in a preliminary pitch in August, with 40 teams advancing to the main stage in November.
The Big Picture: The ComeUp Stars 2023 program, hosted by the Korea Startup Forum, will continue contributing to the global startup landscape by recognizing and nurturing high-potential startups.
This initiative will culminate in a momentous event, ComeUp 2023, held at Dongdaemun Design Plaza (DDP) from November 8-10 and broadcast on the ComeUp YouTube channel.
This marks an important milestone in developing global startups, contributing to international collaboration and competition among innovators.